An unofficial gathering of people who are interested in Flashtrek
I would like to thank all users that were active on this forum for their dedication. I am happy to announce however that I am now going by the name B0rgDr0n3 and my new forum is at http://flashtrek.freeforums.org/

This is to take the place of Vexxiang.com as it is once again down, however I would like to reassure everyone that this time I'm staying. I have a new game source that I am working on, based on Broken Mirror physics but with a great many surprises so come across and join in the action.

Kindest Regards,

B0rgDr0n3 A.K.A. Dondon
I would like to thank all users that were active on this forum for their dedication. I am happy to announce however that I am now going by the name B0rgDr0n3 and my new forum is at http://flashtrek.freeforums.org/

This is to take the place of Vexxiang.com as it is once again down, however I would like to reassure everyone that this time I'm staying. I have a new game source that I am working on, based on Broken Mirror physics but with a great many surprises so come across and join in the action.

Kindest Regards,

B0rgDr0n3 A.K.A. Dondon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inI had an idea for a new Flash game... Anima4fi

I had an idea for a new Flash game...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toa_Kaita
Ensign
Ensign
Toa_Kaita

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue2009/2009I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (2009/2009)

I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty
PostSubject: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySat 17 May - 21:16

hey, peeps,

I had an idea for a new flash game when the new FlashTrek is complete:

A StarCraft based flash game that uses the FlashTrek Engine where you can build up your own army and conquer continents on a world unknown to all three races (Terrans, Zerg and Protoss) and see which one dominates the world first.

Each race can have a different interface, like a red color scheme for the terrans, a blue color scheme for the zerg, and a teal scheme for the protoss

I'm still developing ideas,but I'm just wondering...

Can it be done??????
Back to top Go down
Quantum 75
Acting Webmaster
Acting Webmaster
Quantum 75

Number of posts : 1897
Location : Iconia, building an empire from sctrach, again, some guy from Blender keeps calling me a Cardassian?
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue50000/50000I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySat 17 May - 23:20

Well that's a dumb question....OF COURSE IT CAN BE DONE...the question should be how long will it take?
Back to top Go down
http://www.astroempires.com
flashgamer3
Lieutenant commander
Lieutenant commander
flashgamer3

Number of posts : 457
Location : on a hill with a uber powered sniper rifle waiting for the klingon ambassador
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue20/10I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (20/10)
Geniusness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue0/100I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Sanity?:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue3/100I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (3/100)

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySun 18 May - 0:06

probably not very long, it would basically just be just a mod to flashtrek, considering the same ennine? we would just have to populate one planet,
change all the sprites and races, and skin the background so it looks like a planet instead of space, i would do it right now but i have no idea how to , im not a flasher, just a player... im good with ideas but not with the technical stuff.. oh well...
Back to top Go down
Toa_Kaita
Ensign
Ensign
Toa_Kaita

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue2009/2009I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (2009/2009)

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySun 18 May - 6:24

thnx for commenting

i'm not very good at technicalities either. i had several ideas for the game:

the map could show the continents instead of the planets, and each continent could have a different tileset (IE the ice caps can have tundra terrain, areas near the equator can have jungle terrain or desert terrain)

unit effects on terrain (IE flying units able to pass over water, mountains, tar, etc. and melee units unable to attack air units)

and races able to ally with each other at a certain point (IE Protoss with Zerg)

any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Quantum 75
Acting Webmaster
Acting Webmaster
Quantum 75

Number of posts : 1897
Location : Iconia, building an empire from sctrach, again, some guy from Blender keeps calling me a Cardassian?
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue50000/50000I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySun 8 Jun - 5:30

well to kep lag to a minimum we would only be able to do a city and it's suroundings including your landing site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astroempires.com
flashgamer3
Lieutenant commander
Lieutenant commander
flashgamer3

Number of posts : 457
Location : on a hill with a uber powered sniper rifle waiting for the klingon ambassador
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue20/10I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (20/10)
Geniusness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue0/100I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Sanity?:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue3/100I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (3/100)

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySun 8 Jun - 5:41

keep it simple? because another way to reduce lag is by removing some advance and putting i basic so theres less PC/MAC graphics/sound/whatev. requirements
Back to top Go down
Eclipse
Captain
Captain
Eclipse

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Character sheet
Wootiness!:
I had an idea for a new Flash game... Left_bar_bleue4500/5000I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty_bar_bleue  (4500/5000)

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... EmptySun 8 Jun - 10:04

Like the idea. Although it would be easier to just do it in space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had an idea for a new Flash game...   I had an idea for a new Flash game... Empty

Back to top Go down

I had an idea for a new Flash game...
Page 1 of 1